2019. It’s finally here. A new year isn’t really a clean slate any more than a new day is, but it’s hard not to consider goals right now. I’m not a New Year’s Resolutions person. My goals on Jan. 1 were the same as my goals on Dec. 31, but I recognize that it seems like a natural time to take stock and start anew. There’s a tendency to want to start projects at the beginning of a recognized time period. Tomorrow morning instead of tonight. Monday instead of Friday. The 1st of the month instead of the 29th. So let’s take stock.
What are my goals going into 2019? Well, let me start by saying they’re broad. No strict timelines or quotas. That would be an instant dose of pressure and anticipated guilt. I just want to do some things more often and others less often. I’d like to:
- Write more. Blogging counts.
- Draw more, even if it doesn’t follow a theme.
- Post another cheese video.
- Clear out enough items to be able to walk into a currently-filled alcove/tiny room in my home.
- Enjoy gaming without spending money on a whim.
- Don’t spend money on a whim in general.
- Drink more water.
What are your goals for 2019? Did you make official Resolutions?